Phone number: 1-712-775-7465, pin 109 244#. (*6 unmutes and mutes your line)
(Note to leader: Please press *5 to mute the lines before you begin the meeting.)
To listen to the most recent recorded meeting, dial 712-770-5076, pin 109244#.
The Full of Faith Greeting:
It's a brand new day to rejoice and be glad!
God's mercies are new every morning!
The Lord is my shepherd; I have everything that I need.
The joy of the Lord is my strength.
Toe bump. You matter!!!
Hello and welcome to the ____________________(say what meeting it is). My name is_______________________. Whether you are a seasoned old-timer in your faith in Jesus or not sure how you feel about your relationship with God, we are here to love and support you.
Could I have a volunteer to read our Preamble? You can find the Meeting Format at our website: www.fulloffaith.com. *6 unmutes and mutes your phone lines.
PREAMBLE: Full of Faith is a Christian support group for food addicts in recovery. We apply Biblical principles in working the 12-steps, and we do not eat sugar, flour, sweeteners (natural or artificial), and volume one day at a time. We plan what we eat and eat what we plan. For more information about the ministry, go to fulloffaith.com.
PRAYER: (Ask the person assigned to open in prayer.)
At this meeting, we will focus on a tool of recovery, then we'll read ____________________. Everyone is welcomed to share their experience, strength and hope, however, we ask that you limit your shares to 2 to 3 minutes in order to give others an opportunity to share, although, if the room is quiet, feel free to share a second or third time. We refrain from mentioning specific foods by name, as it could trigger food thoughts in others, and there is no cross-talk, which is commenting on another person's share (positive or negative) or giving advice. Using "for me" statements enables everyone to feel safe and protected here in the Full of Faith family.
TOOLS: Here are the tools that keep us on the road to freedom from addictive thinking and behavior.
- Abstinence (following a food plan)
- Accountability/Sponsor (having a sponsor or accountability partner or posting on the Facebook Full of Faith Accountability Pages)
- Meetings (attending phone meetings, ZOOM video conferencing and on-line step studies) For the run-down of meetings, go to fulloffaith.com. Each meeting is announced ahead of time on the Full of Faith Facebook group.
- Communication (making phone calls, texting, posting and commenting on our Facebook groups)
- Prayer and Meditation (spending quality time with the Lord)
- Literature (reading The Bible, Sweet Surrender, AA Big Book, The Twelve Steps for Christians and other resources about food addiction recovery.)
- 12-Step Study (working the steps as a way-of-life.)
- Writing (writing your food plan, step study assignments, journaling)
- Action Plan (planning what you do and doing what you plan in all aspects of your life, starting with the daily disciplines, which are the tools of recovery)
- Love and Service (giving back what you've learned and received)
- Anonymity (treating everyone with confidentiality and respect)
Is there anyone who would like to share on the tool of _____________(the tool of the day)? Please tell us your name and where you're calling from before and after you share. *6 will unmute and mute your phones.
READING (After we discuss the tool of the day, ask the assigned person to do the reading.)
Who would like to share on this reading or the tool of _____________________?
Remind people that *6 unmutes and mutes the phones.
CLOSING: (When the time is over, ask assigned person(s) to sing and pray.) Please mute your phones during the singing, so that we can hear the leader.
CLAIM SEATS: It is time to claim seats. Tell us your first name and where they are calling from.
GUIDELINES FOR THE PARKING LOT:
We now move into what we call the “Parking Lot” for up to another half hour where we welcome newcomers, we can ask questions, leave or ask for phone numbers, and continue to share. Though it’s a more informal time, we want to be sensitive that someone sharing may want to express what’s on his or her heart and not necessarily desire feedback or comment. Continuing to use ‘for me’ statements and refraining from giving advice will help keep our meeting a safe place to share.
We want to welcome newcomers first and ask if you’d like to be contacted by a newcomer greeter who can help you get acquainted with Full of Faith?
Are there any newcomers here today?
Would anyone like to ask a question or share?
NOTE: for basic food questions, the facilitator will respond with the general guidelines. For complicated questions, refer people to Pam or Hilary.